Standa 8MTL1401-300 – Direct Drive Linear Translation Stage
- Ultra precise motion
- Direct drive zero backlash system
- High resolution non-contact optical incremental encoder
- High accuracy linear guide and carriage system
- Long life performance guaranteed
- Easy integration with metric/imperial opto-mechanical systems
- Integrated Cable management for ergonomics
- XY configuration has ≤5 arcsec orthogonality
- All measurement reports are included by default
- Best choice in market for optical delay line application
Motorized Translation Stages of 8MTL series are based on 3 phase ironless linear brushless servo motor technology. Direct drive technology allows users to reach zero backlash motion with high accuracy, repeatability and low friction.
Linear non-contact optical encoder as a feedback system guarantees direct control of position with sub-nanometer resolution of motion.
Naturally aged aluminum alloy guaranties high temperature stability, softness of 8MTL instruments and excellent long period kinematics without drift of guide system. Small footprint of the stage allows to integrate it into very high density machines and tight space applications.
8MTL series translation stages can be prepared for clean room and vacuum (up to 10-3 Torr) applications by request. For higher vacuum please contact Standa support. Special requirements for cleanliness should be requested additionally (Please, indicate that in products request).
Motorized translation stage can be easily connected to standard imperial/metric optical table directly. XY scanning stages can be directly assembled without using any connecting plates. Extreme orthogonality requirements could be additionally requested from Standa support.
Motion control of 8MTL series translation stages is available with Standa or ACS motion Controllers & Drivers.
For light industry applications 8MTL stages can be supplied mounted on standard optical table or extremely flat granite plate.
|Kinematics & Feedback information|
|Travel range||300 mm|
|Encoder Type||Optical Encoder|
|Encoder Resolution||any of the range:
25 nm to 5 µm
|Encoder Interface||Differential RS422|
|1) Multiplication Factor||4-200
|Encoder Grating Period||20 µm|
|Reference Mark (Index)||YES|
|2) Absolute Accuracy|
|before calibration||±5.00 µm|
|after calibration||±1 µm|
|2) Bi-Directional Repeatability
(peak to peak)
|2) Bi-Directional Repeatability (RMS)||±0.08 µm|
|3) Pitch, µrad / arcsec||±30 / ±6.20|
|3) Yaw, µrad / arcsec||±30 / ±6.20|
|4) Maximum Velocity (load 4kg)||<2000 mm/s|
|5) Maximum Acceleration (load 4kg)||<20000 mm/s2|
|Limits Switches Type (Safety)||Optical (Optrons)|
|Limit Switch Polarity (Safety)||Pushed is closed|
|Limit Switch Voltage||5…24 V|
|Load, Guiding & Transmission Information|
|Design Type||Linear Motor Stage|
|Linear Motor Model||LM3|
|Linear Motor Design Type||Ironless BLDC motor|
|Maximum Bus Voltage||>300 VDC|
|6) Load Capacity (Centrally Placed)||30 kg|
|7) Moving Mass||1.2 kg|
|Guiding System||Recirculating linear
|Material And Environment Conditions|
|Housing Material||Aluminum Alloy|
|Housing Coating (Finish)||Black Anodizing|
|Environment pressure||Normal Atmosphere|
|Operating Temperature||20±2, °C|
|Control, Communication and Cabling|
|8) Recommended controllers||ACS Products Line
|8) Recommended drivers||ACS Product Line
|9) Recommended power supply||2 phase / 3 phase
|12) Recommended communication interface||EtherCAT / RS232 /
USB / TCP-IP
|Cable Length||2 m
(other by request)
|10) Differential Outputs||Optionally available
|Base Plate for Mechanical Interface||Not required|
|Z Configuration||Not available
(choose from other
Standa stages series)
|Dimensions of Moving Platform||140 x 140 mm
(W x L)
|Stage Dimensions||185 x 513 x 55 mm
(W x L x H)
|11) Orthogonality, µrad / arcsec||24 / 5|
|13) Protection Level||Basic|
8MTL1401-300-LEn1-025 Qty. Encoder resolution: 25 nm
8MTL1401-300-LEn1-050 Encoder resolution: 50 nm
8MTL1401-300-LEn1-100 Encoder resolution: 100 nm
8MTL1401-300-LEn1-200 Encoder resolution: 200 nm
8MTL1401-300-LEn1 Sin/Cos analog interface
1) With x4 evaluation; system can be delivered with standard analog SIN/COS encoder interface for personal interpolation.
2) Absolute Accuracy & Bi-Directional Repeatability measurements are processed with Zygo ZMI 501 Michelson laser interferometer.
3) Pitch & Yaw measurements are processed with 11D-ALI-COL electronic autocollimator. Resolution of 11D-ALI-COL: 1 µrad. Environment error: 1 µrad.
4) Maximum Velocity is electrically limited by encoder and driver CUT-OF frequency; maximum velocity is also limited by guiding system.
5) Maximum Acceleration is limited by Drivers` Peak Current, Motors` Peak Current and External Load (inertia). Please contact Standa for support.
6) Load Capacity is limited by position of load and integrated guiding system. Please contact Standa support for loading calculation.
7) Moving Mass is constant parameter of system which characterize m0 or inertia of unloaded system.
8) Recommended controllers & Recommended drivers can be optimized for a certain application. Please contact Standa support for recommendation.
9) Recommended power supply depends on required duty cycle and load. Please contact Standa support for recommendation.
10) Differential Outputs are available in passive (buffered) or active (modulated) way with LCMv2.
11) Stages can be assembled with better orthogonality by request.
12) Scalar Control can be implemented with USB/ TCP-IP / RS-232 communication iterface; for vector control we recommend to use EtherCAT.
13) Protection of guiding system is limited and not supposed to be used in wet and dusty environment.